Node.js / React.js Developer
WorkRails helps enterprise software companies start, grow and manage their professional services (PS) business. Companies use our embedded forms to launch a branded experience that enables their clients to hire, work with and pay consultants. PS is an integral part of every software company’s business strategy, and we want to provide the infrastructure to make it easy and scalable for anyone to integrate PS into a software product.
We are a fast growing company with an incredible team that recently closed VC funding. We are looking for a full stack developer who rocks node and react, loves working in a fast paced team environment, expects the best from his or her peers and wants to win. We also highly value work-life balance and seek people with tremendous energy but care deeply about something outside of work.
Our Ideal candidate possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to multiple stakeholders inside and outside of our organization. The candidate we are looking for loves programming, but is passionate about product development and working together with an awesome team.
Required Development Skills
- 3+ years of web development experience developing / architecting web applications
- Strong logic and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- Database Experience - Postgres or other relational databases.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Required Team Skills:
Culture is everything. We are not looking for perfection, but for people who strive to be the best. Everyone is a member of a team. We all have our part to play, but you can influence an early stage business with the right skills and attitude.
- Strong experience interfacing with other software engineers around the world and an impressive background in building software.
- Ability to review code and provide structured feedback.
- Ability to stay organized and continue to push projects forward.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Detailed Skill Sheet:
- Frontend Framework Experience - React.js, Bootstrap.js and other current frameworks.
- Experience with NoSQL platforms.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with Cloud Computing (AWS, Google, Azure, etc).
Other nice to haves:
- Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Strong understanding of design patterns and development frameworks such as MVC.
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release production environment.
- Passion for delivering strong, dependable code.
- Passion for exploring new development platforms, languages, and methodologies.
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Expertise in debugging scale and performance issues.